Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School Season

I've always liked the end of summer and the "Back to School" season. Call me a nerd (I am trained to be a teacher after all!), but I've always liked seeing the selection of new binders, papers, pens and all the other school supplies. For me, this time of year has always marked a new beginning, a time to try new things.

This year, I won't be going back to school but I will be trying new things. Instead, Amber is starting school. We've decided to home-school, at least for the next couple of years so Amber is doing preschool this year with me and she will enter kindergarten next year probably with the help of PA Cyber. She is very excited about doing school work and wants to show everyone her accomplishments. I hope to maintain that excitement as time moves on. If only she could be this excited when she enters high school. (I KNOW, that's probably just wishful thinking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment