Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Week Festivities




So, I'm just a little behind here. MAYBE I'll even do two posts in one day just to get caught up on life's events and my rants on annoying people, etc. But, for now I thought I should start with Easter. After all, Easter really does have so much more importance to us than what so and so said to make me really angry. :)

So Easter... we started out the week dying eggs on Tuesday. My husband and I were used to the method of dipping an egg in a cup of water with some food coloring or a color tablet. This year, I decided to try something a little different. I bought a glitter kit and Dudley's Roll It kit. They both involved little packet of dye that you don't have to mix, you just squirt them into a a paint palet and voila, you're ready to go. My little artist loved this method because she could use a paint brush for the glitter paint and little paint rollers for the other. We got eggs that looked much more detailed than we would have otherwise. AND I'm pretty sure that the dye came off of our hands much earlier than last year.


Later in the week, I took Amber to my parents to decorate cookies with her friends Carter and Kayla. They thoroughly enjoyed dumping sugar and jimmies (yes, I do really say that) on each cookie as they were iced. And despite one sneeze by Carter onto his cookies, I think they might have turned out relatively germ free. ;)

Josh and I enjoyed his days off by getting a bunch of projects done around the house, including painting an accent wall in Amber's room. We now have a lavender and green room. I think that maybe Micah will appreciate looking back at pictures a bit more if they aren't all of a totally girly room with purple walls. Yeah, yeah, I do realize that he will could care less for at least a few months but, I do! I can't stand not doing something to individualize each room for my kids. It's in bred as my Mom is the same way.

Finally, on Sunday morning, we got up early enough to allow Amber to hunt for her Easter eggs and take a quick look at what the Easter bunny brought. This year the Easter bunny brought a tiny bit of candy and a doll rather than a bunch of little "doodads" that only get played with once or twice. I think this worked much better for us and she LOVES her doll. (Mommy might love it just as much as I got a really good deal on it by shopping Kohls clearance section with an extra 30% off coupon. :) )

Following the egg hunt, we enjoyed the Easter service at church. Well, we enjoyed what we were present for, as we were with the children for about half of the service. I had them singing what I thought was a cute little song about why we should appreciate the day that Jesus rose again, etc. (I wish I'd remembered to tape this.) Amber loved the song and belted it out pretty loud for a 3 1/2 year old in front of a whole congregation. I was very proud of her and I'm pretty sure she learned from the song as well. We heard all day about what Easter meant rather than just what the Easter bunny brought for her.

Dinner was spent at my parent's place, it was a small gathering but still a rather enjoyable one. Mostly I just appreciated only having to bring a few things and leave the ham to my Mom. I love to cook, but I was TIRED and very glad to relinquish most of the dinner preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment