Friday, January 15, 2010

Long Time...

So, I've been blogging for all of what? a month and a half?! And how many posts are on my page?! Yeah, so I just proved that I'm not so great at keeping up with this, I'll try harder. ;) Anyways, I guess I should cut myself some slack, it HAS been the holiday season and my husband HAS just started a new job and I HAVE been busy preparing children's ministry stuff.

SO, where do I start? I suppose with the holidays. We were blessed with a lovely, though busy holiday season. The week of Christmas, we had my brother and law and his wife, as well as my sister in law staying with us. On Christmas Eve, we had our Christmas Eve Service and on Christmas day, visits to make.

Since Josh and I are leaders of the Children's Ministry, we were busy with the kids rendition of the Nativity story. They did a wonderful job with their "skit" and blessed the congregation with Away in a Manger and Joy to the World.



For Christmas Eve dinner, I baked a ham and had baked potatoes and vegetables. For Christmas day, I made raspberry pears, a peppermint cake, and a vegetable ring. We went to Amber's Nana's house and enjoyed these dishes as well as many others.

Josh and I made the decision this year to not give each other gifts and to stick to pictures of Amber for the rest of the family. This saved a lot of money for us and is something we're considering continuing in the years to come. It's the most fun to see the kid's reactions to their gifts anyways. Amber received a Strawberry Shortcake game, a cash register, her own camera, a princess bath set, some coloring books and a dance camera as well as other things. (No, these were not all gifts from us.) She absolutely loves taking pictures on her own camera.


A few days after Christmas, Amber went to decorate a gingerbread house at her Grandma's house. This is a holiday tradition started by Grandma which she intends to keep doing each year. Amber loved decorating her house along with all of her friends Carly, Carter, Allison, Anthony, Bejamin, Kayla, and Christopher.


Finally to sort of end the holiday season, we took Amber to Hartwood Acres to see the light display. We've never done this before with her and actually Josh has never seen it either. Grandpa and Aunt Bethany went with us since we could all fit in our van. :)




Well that's about it for now. I'll be posting about our potty training experiences later this weekend. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment